MOLD TESTING & REMEDIATION
Mold damage has the potential to cause different problems within the environment of a home or property. When abnormal moisture is present, microorganisms such as mold will multiply, resulting in structural deterioration and odors. If not treated and dried promptly, mold can lead to health issues for home and building occupants.
While mold is not harmful at all as it participates in the decomposition of dead organisms and other aspects of the environment, the problem happens when it enters your property and damages it.
Water damage is the leading cause of mold growth in many homes and businesses. According to insurance industry research, 98% of US basements will experience some type of water damage, while about 14,000 Americans suffer water damage emergencies at property or work each day.
Once molds enter and penetrate your property, its population can start growing in just 24 hours. It’s only then a matter of time before they cause permanent damage.
WHERE DOES MOLD USUALLY GROW?
Mold only needs two things to thrive and multiply — damp and humid environment and permeable objects. With this, the following areas in your property make it the perfect breeding ground for mold.
- Ventilation and air-conditioning system
- Areas around washing machines and dryers
- Fireplaces and chimneys
HOW MOLD DAMAGES YOUR PROPERTY?
Once mold attaches to a specific area or part of your property, it starts to eat away the material of its host; causing it to weaken. A weakened foundation of the property should be dealt with right away, or else it may collapse or result in a more costly repair.
- Early detection is the best solution to deal with mold in your property. Here are some signs that mold may be growing inside your property.
- The nasty smell coming from your heating and cooling systems
- Discoloration or dark spots forming on the wall and ceiling
- Triggered allergies and respiratory condition
- Musty odors that seem to linger in the air
- Itchiness and sneezing that doesn’t go away
HOW TO DEAL WITH MOLDS IN YOUR PROPERTY?
Molds may be microscopic, but they are also tough to deal with. They can’t be removed with simple cleaning using soap and water. It is important to note that where there are molds, there is also a source of moisture. Deal with water leaks right away, no matter how minor the problem is. For significant water damage, calling water damage professionals is the best option.
It is also crucial to call a professional mold remediation company when you spot mold in your property. The good thing about hiring professional services is that they have the proper equipment in dealing with mold. They can altogether remove mold out of your property and even get to its source.
Mold is a notorious substance all around the planet, and for good reason. There are some types of molds out there that can be extremely hazardous to human beings. Black mold is an example. Mold can negatively impact people who have respiratory woes such as asthma and allergies. If you have any breathing concerns, the last thing you want is to be around the substance for a significant stretch of time. The sooner we are able to remove the disgusting dark smears that may be lurking in the dark places of your home, the safer the house will be. Each and every black mold removal careful preparation and planning to minimize spore travel and mycotoxin cross contamination into other areas of the property. Properly concentrated solutions to exterminate bacteria and fungi such as bleach, vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and more can serve as non-toxic mold killers that are safe for families and the environment.
Most people aren’t aware that white mold is a potential indoor problem as well. It isn’t unheard of for people to encounter issues that relate to these species. Most commonly, aspergillus, Cladosporium and Penicillium are what we may find growing inside. Similar to other fungal exposure, white mold symptoms can sometimes be associated with shifts in mood, headaches, nausea, lightheadedness, irritation of the eyes, respiratory infections and even undesirable allergic reactions. If you feel oddly dizzy, then it may be the result of being close to this variety of mold.
|Mold and Mildew?
Mold and Mildew are often used interchangeably, but they are simply not the same. If you have mildew in your basement, you may notice white, gray or yellow coloring on your walls. The texture tends to be described as fluffy or powdery in nature. Other clues may be odd odors and furniture pieces that feel bizarrely damp. If your clothing items all of a sudden feel slightly moist, this substance could be the reason. If you are unsure as to what is growing in your basement, give us a call and we will identify it for you. Remember, not every species of growth is necessarily toxic to humans. However, some are. Get the peace of mind you need with local trusted certified technicians from Protechs.
HOW TO SPOT MOLDS IN YOUR PROPERTY?
Molds are a major problem experienced in many homes in the US. Unfortunately, they can be really undetectable; unless it has already affected a large area in the property. As a smart home or business owner, it is important to identify the signs of a mold infestation in your property. Protect your employees and family by knowing these mold warning signs in your property.
Most types of molds produce a musty smell especially if it is coming from your heating and air-conditioning system. Your HVAC system can be a great spot for mold to grow as it is damp and warm.
DARK SPOTS ON THE CEILINGS OR WALLS
If there is a leak on your roof or a crack on your wall, then more likely that can also drip from it. If the leak or crack is not fixed immediately, mold can start to grow on it. Your walls or ceiling may start to discolor —- it could be white, gray, or black threadlike discoloration.
VISIBLE MOLD SPORES
The most obvious signs of mold growth are those that are visible to the naked eye such as mold spores on the wet areas of your property. You may attempt to remove them with a soap and sponge, but these don’t help much as mold are a very persistent creation.
YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS OF COLD OR FLU THAT JUST WON’T GO AWAY
Mold can trigger allergies and other respiratory problems. If you start experiencing symptoms of colds or flu that doesn’t go away, then it could be caused by mold issues.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT MOLDS IN YOUR PROPERTY?
When dealing with mold in your property, make sure to use protective gear like rubber gloves, eye goggles and masks to keep you from inhaling them. You can start cleaning and disinfecting surfaces; then make sure to dry them well. Throw away items that are no longer deemed usable and wash fabric items such as your beddings, curtains, drapes, and others.
The best solution to keep mold away from your property is to keep it as dry as possible. If you are experiencing water damage or flooding, call a professional at Protechs Restoration right away to help you deal with the problem. We’re experienced enough to mitigate flooding and water damage quickly to help prevent mold growth and its damage.