PROTECHS INC. was contacted on Christmas morning by Huntington Community Schools Corporation because a classroom at an Elementary Schools in their district had caught on fire. A PROTECHS’ Senior Manager was immediately dispatched to the location to scope the damages.
The fire was contained to one classroom, thanks to a properly performing sprinkler system, but the complete adjoining wing experienced heavy water and smoke damage including corridors, the library, and offices outside the wing. PROTECHS Technicians were dispatched on Christmas morning to begin debris removal, extraction, drying and odor control.
The school was closed for Christmas break, posing a challenge since vital communication with school staff about their individual classrooms was impossible since they were all out for the holiday. In addition, classes were scheduled to be back in session on January 6th 2020.
PROTECHS’ team worked tirelessly over the next few days, cleaning, drying, restoring and deodorizing all structures, furniture and fixtures ahead of the January 6th deadline. Because of great teamwork and constant communication with the School Facilities Department we were able to complete the job 3 days ahead of schedule.